Tourist Information and Heritage Centre
13 Church Street . Romsey
Hampshire SO51 8DF
Telephone: 01794 512987
The tourist centre offers the following services
- Information on Romsey and the Test Valley
- Accommodation Booking Service
- Agency for Avensis coach tours
- Explorer bus tickets and timetable information
- Information and tickets for local theatre and events
- Local maps, postcards, guidebooks and stamps
- Selection of gifts and souvenirs
Romsey Heritage and Visitor Centre
Welcome to this new facility for Romsey which combines the existing visitor attraction of medieval King John's House with a new Heritage Centre created in what used to be a Victorian Gun shop.
The Centre combines the attractions of three adjacent buildings, full of fascinating displays, with the delights of a friendly tea room and a series of period gardens that lead down to an ancient mill stream.
The Tourist Information Centre is at Church Street front.
Read more about KING JOHN'S HOUSE
Romsey is dominated by the magnificent Norman Abbey towering over a lively town centre. The fine historic buildings lining the narrow streets and central market place include the 13th century King John's House and many attractive shops, inns and houses.
Close to the town centre is the extensive park and Palladian house of Broadlands, once the home of the Victorian Prime Minister, Lord Palmerston, and later of Lord Louis Mountbatten.
|Delightful walks run alongside the bubbling streams of the River Test leading out to the surrounding countryside. The Memorial Park and the small public garden adjacent to King John's House offer the chance to relax close to the town centre, whilst the more active can enjoy the swirling pools and giant flume of the Rapids, a public swimming pool.
|Discover Romsey Abbey
- Marvel at the scale and splendour of the architecture
- See the Deed signed by Henry VIII
- Visit the grave of Earl Mountbatten of Burma
- Enjoy the tapestries and textiles
- Wonder at the ancient carvings and paintings
- Linger in the peace of the church and its surroundings
Guided tours from May to September 3 pm each Thursday
Groups at other times by arrangement
Disabled Access Giftstall and Bookstall
Enquiries to Parish Office - Monday to Thursday 10 am - 12.30 pm.
Telephone: 01794 513125
Read more about the ABBEY HISTORY